PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, April 4, 2013

noms noms noms!

I know I was a bit of a bragger last night on the social media….I whipped up a dinner that was pretty freakin’ amazing, if I do say so myself….and these days? That doesn’t happen too often.

Just ask my husband.

Poor thing.

Anyway, while we were out gallivanting at the petting zoo last Sunday, I found the most gorgeous tomato at the farm stand, and $3.99/lb be damned, I snatched that baby right up. By no small miracle, I had an avocado that was perfectly ripe and I brainstormed up this little number…some days I have it all together, and most days I SO do not…..

I didn’t know what I was going to do with the shrimp, but I knew I wanted it so I rooted around in my cupboard and found a packet of my new favorite, sodium filled lifesaver, the McCormick’s Marinades.

You know, I can’t make everything from scratch. I have such a complex about that….

Here’s what happened next….



And if you make this? Consider yourself warned: you will pretty much want this to be the only thing you will ever eat again forever and you’ll want it every day all day cuz DAMN.

Citrus Grilled Shrimp & Avocado Tomato Salad
with Roasted Garlic, Lemon & Honey Dressing.

For the Shrimp:

1 lb. raw, jumbo shrimp, peeled & deveined
1 packet of McCormick’s Baja Citrus Marinade
1 TBS honey
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 TBS vinegar
2 TBS water

Heat grill to medium high.

Prepare marinade in a gallon size ziplock bag according to directions on the packet, adding 1 TBS of honey. Add shrimp and marinate in the fridge for 15-30 minutes.
Skewer shrimp and grill 2 minutes per side or until firm, opaque and charred. Careful not to overcook!!

For the Salad:

1 large, perfectly rip avocado (yum!), sliced
1 large, gorgeous beefsteak tomato, sliced
¼ of a small red onion, thinly sliced into half circles
10-15 pitted kalamata olives, chopped
Crumbled feta

Assemble the tomato and avocado slices all pretty on a platter. Sprinkle with onion slivers, olives and feta.

For the Dressing:

Juice of 1 juice lemon
2-4 roasted garlic cloves
(I got mine in the olive bar section of the grocery store. If you want to roast your own, go for it, but I think you’re crazy)
2 TBS honey
3-4 TBS olive oil
¼ tsp kosher salt

Add everything except the oil to a food processor or blender and process to a smooth consistency. Add the oil and process for a few seconds to incorporate.

Drizzle the dressing over the salad, lay the shrimp skewers artistically on the side of the plate, take a picture and promptly upload to every social media outlet, brag about how fabulous you are, take a bow and kiss yourself.



MWAH!


Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

While I'm ever so proud of you and I'm sure this dish was AMAZING, I unfortunately don't like shrimp, tomatoes, avocado OR olives so I cannot take part in the enjoyment.

However I ALSO had an amazing cooking night and made something a bit more simple but SO delicious.

Grilled chicken with Feta and Sun Dried tomatoes!! MMMM.

noreenmarie said...

Looks AMAZING. I want it, like now.

Colleen said...

Girl when I saw this on IG I was DROOLING! Thanks for the recipe, I will be making it!